Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Way it has Been.

What kills motivation the fastest?

Sickness.

Being sick has put a little damper on my exercising, especially because every time I moved I felt like throwing up.  Still don't feel quite like myself but that may be because we stayed up late last night and I'm bone tired.

One thing I am having trouble with is finding time to play piano. Maybe I should be a little more honest and admit that I haven't even tried yet. Wait, I did once, for only 10 minutes and then I was done. I'm worried. I feel like I'm losing interest in the things I love: music and just generally being creative. I use to paint more. I haven't touched my art supplies since we moved eight months ago. I want to, I do. I just, don't. Is this the time in life where you end up just not doing the things you love anymore and just shrug it off as "growing up"? It could be that I'm just lazy, or that I actually have no talent for any of it, or... I just need to try harder.

In any case, I'm trying out my new breadmaker and I hope in a few hours I can drown my sorrows in warm, buttery-bread goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment